Link roundup

1. China Mieville:
If you look at the stuff I'm into, and if you look at what I like, and what I don't like, I really, really should be a video gamer. And for the life of me, I don't really know why I'm not. I think partly I find them very beautiful and very fascinating. I love watching people play them. And I'd love to write for them. But I think basically my theory is that I am so incredibly bad at them that I don't actually enjoy playing them. All I ever really want to do is to go into God Mode and walk slowly around and look at everything.
Exactly.

2. California will no longer track Australian kangaroo harvests (one of several reports just eliminated as wasteful).

3. "Rumor has it that Jeph Loeb, the newly appointed head of Marvel Animation is cancelling the successful Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes Tv series in favor of a new one." (My 5 and 7 year olds love Avengers, but don't care for the new Spider-Man cartoon.) (Easier to make a single toy line based on a unified aesthetic?)

4. Win ten t-shirts from Last Exit to Nowhere.

Blog Archive