♥ YuuriK - Serah FFXIII-2

Ryea : Eventually I know her through her sis YuuriC .. haha
Been seeing her Vanille FFXIII cosplay featured in some other websites too~ *thumbsup*
Love her props for Serah very much too =D
Here would like to feature her latest Serah Cosplay in Otakon 2011 !~




Ryea: What is cosplay to you ?


YK: Cosplay is not a so expensive hobby and it is a way to dress up as my most favorite characters.
It also has become like a family vacation, I go to conventions with all my sisters.




Ryea: Why attracts you to cosplay Serah from Final Fantasy XIII-2 ?


YK: At first my twin sis wanted to do a duo. I was never really attracted to Serah, but while
I researched her I began to like her character, and the design of her outfit is quite extraordinary.




Ryea: From Serah's overall costume, which is the most challenging part? why?


YK: I think the most challenging part was making the bow-blade and getting the skirt’s top panel right.
Also, trying to figure out most of the Etro script (there was no good cgi renders at the time).




Ryea: and what will be the most favorite part?


YK: My favorite part was making the pouch – it’s functional!
I was able to put small items in it.




Ryea: How long does it take to complete the whole costume?


YK: It took me two-three weeks to finish the outfit and bow-blade.
My twin sis helped me a lot to finish the prop in time.




Ryea: Any good/funny/memorable experience when you cosplay Serah?


YK: I have to say there was a funny experience at Otakon. A lady in her car stopped in the middle of the
street during a green light and just stared out of her car window at my sis and I with her jaw wide opened.
I was glad to receive so many nice compliments for my bow-blade.
Some noticed I had made the bow-blade with a few references and they were really impressed.




Ryea: In your opinion, do you think that good craftmanship means having much details on their work?


YK: I think whether the outfit /prop calls for lots of details or not it just needs to look right to determine
good craftsmanship. Sure someone who has lots of details on their outfit/prop will always get more compliments.




Ryea: How and what have you think you've improved from since you started cosplay?


YK: I think I have improved in the way I pose, sew, make-up, style wigs, and make props.
I feel like I still have a lot of space for improvement. Practicing on what I need to improve on helps.




Ryea: Any tips to share?


YK: I always say that everyone starts from somewhere. All a cosplayer needs is creativity, confidence,
and motivation. I believe every cosplayer gets better at cosplaying with practice,
for some people it would take time and lots of hard work.




---
Thank you YuuriK !~