✩Pu Kwong

Ryeain:
Always creates the best atmosphere for his photos with the angles, colours and composition.
TTGL: Nia x Simon, real love that he uses blue as the back light as it brings the whole soft yet strong atmosphere.
Yuna_2, I'm moved by this photo, the scene is exactly touching. The colour, the photo coordination is just perfect ! *lovelove
Can't deny that his still life photography is equally fascinating, you guys should check them out!



✩Pu Kwong✩



Ryea: What type of camera do you use in capturing those awesome photos?

Early(Mid 2007) I was using canon 350D, which is my sister camera, start off with 50mm f1.8 and 18-55mm kitlens and lately bought 85mm f1.8. Used it until 2009(June), return back to my sister, and saved enough money for my 1st own DSLR camera which is nikon D90. Now it pair with 35mm f1.8 , 18-105mm and 50mm f1.4D.


Ryea: What inspires you to start photography?

During college years, I have photography class for Basic of what is photography. And I was amazed by Lecturer photography, it can capture beyond human eyes limit, is like an art to me. So, I started to get interested in photography ( Mid 2007 ). During End of 2007 year, 1 of my friend is cosplayer ( Roxanne ), she brought me to explore the cosplay event at Taylor College 2007, and where everything related to cosplay passion started there !!


Ryea: What makes you to continue in photography with passion?

From the beginning, I was amazed by cosplay photography, as the beauty of the costume itself simply draws my attention to it 0.o~!!!! Later, I found deviantart, where I started to explore more on photography and art of course, thus it bring my passion towards photography even further until end of 2009. My sister saw my Deviantart photos and she said I should give a try still life photography, as a result, she showed me a lot of still life photography from flickr. I was totally stunned and amazed by those photography because they can just simply frame a interesting object of each shot, they art sense is simply awesome. Now my passion photography is more into still life photography while the second is cosplay photography.


Ryea: Which are your satisfied shots so far?

Digital Lomo - http://heroinekpk.deviantart.com/art/Evening-LOMO-84424097

P4 - http://album.blog.yam.com/show.php?a=lomomo&f=6553753&i=11103269&p=1

Ciel - http://heroinekpk.deviantart.com/art/Ciel-107112859
(Featured in Otacool2, thanks to Hoshi for visiting our CF event)

Yuna - http://heroinekpk.deviantart.com/art/Yuna-153049420

Setsuna - http://heroinekpk.deviantart.com/art/G-00-Setsuna-146789815

Gantz - http://heroinekpk.deviantart.com/art/Gantz-190477172


Ryea: Which photo you've taken is the most challenging to you? why?

Every shoot has it own challenge, it's always a challenge to find the right angle and feeling from the heart through the image.


Ryea: What aspect do you think that you have improved a lot since you started photography?

Photography observation, is the only main thing I keep want to improve on, combining with my current passions (still life and cosplay), both side helped me improve greatly.


Ryea: What's your goal achievement in photography?

To achieve greatest photography observation, to find out my own style, sit back and let the pictures tell the stories.


Ryea: Who do you look up to or inspires you?

Mayu - ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/mayu_/

Lefty - http://www.flickr.com/photos/12142152@N04/

ditteisager - http://www.ditteisager.dk/

miki - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocamiki/

others are behance.net and deviantart.com


Ryea: Any advise to those are new starter or interested in photography?

If you like take pictures, it is good to understand the basic of photography(operate your camera, art sense, aperture, shutter, and other...). Without understanding well on basic things, you may not able to enjoy your photography. Every master out there will sure tell the same, master your basic photography. Everything is about the person behind the camera, not the gears. Unless you found out there is limitation on your gears for yours shooting...then only invest on the gears.


Ryea: In you opinion, an artistic eye or the camera equipments and gadgets, which is much more needed in creating a wonderful shot?

Camera equipments and gadgets do help to creating a wonderful shots in certain situation, example like night photography, fireworks and wild life. But, the one will create wonderful shot still the person behind the gears, because that person control everything to create that very moment wonderful shot.


** Question from Zeratul :
Cosplay photography is not main stream photography, what actually makes you truly think its worth your time and effort in doing it? What kind of returns are you looking at?


In photography world, there are many type of photography, each of it have it's own reward in return, like cosplay photography is one of the many type photography, I can't says is it 100% worth my time, but I will says it worth to shoot. I learnt many new things through cosplay shoot. Whether is it worth or not, the comparison between my earlier cosplay photgraphy and the currents ones, it tells the answer. Each cosplay shooting, I will set a goal for myself and I will take it as a challenge for myself to produce nice cosplay photos. In return, I gain much improvement on my photography observation, must feel gratitude to the one who bring me to cosplay world.


Lastly, what do you think about Let's Cosplay this blog?

Well, it is an interesting site to share a person feelings and thoughts. I'm sure many wish to know how others feelings and thoughts, good job site~~~.


Thank you so much PK!!~