Lions and Tigers and B★RS, Oh My!

Black Rock Shoot... Aaah, whatever... BRS is pretty much old news these days right? Which means it's a good time to make a post about Black Rock Shooter, hehehe. But really I figured since everyone's done their reviews already I could just stuff'em in their original packaging box that came from Toylet. Normally I don't order from them, but they had a special promotion...


So here is the box... I'll just leave them in the box for now...

*Rustle rustle*
What's that noise?

*BOOOM*
What the heck was that!?
BRS Figma: "Finally got out that box..."

BRS Figma: "Those packing peanuts are horrible."

*BOOM*
BRS Figma: "YIKES!"

BRS Figma: "Nendo! I told you to wait while I make the exit."

BRS Nendoroid: "I don't like waiting."

*BOOOM*
BRS Figma: "Another one!?"


BRS Plushie: "Ugyuu..."
BRS FIgma: "Does she even have a cannon?"
No, she doesn't, by the way... What a disappointment...



BRS Figma: "She looks sleepy..."
BRS Nendoroid: "She's been sleeping too much. She's not used to the bright lights..."
Kinda funny looking, but the plushie still looks cute. Though I was thinking she would be bigger... But I guess that's the promo from Toylet. Buy both the Figma and Nendoroid get a free plushie. I should've known it wouldn't have been a big one...

Anyway... I guess I should get to the point of why I titled my post with a pop culture, Wizard of Oz reference. And what better way to explain than with a couple of 4koma!

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 40
Here's the "tiger" part... I'm sure some of you already know that it's Lum's body. Lum's head is much bigger, so Black Rock Shooter's head looks really tiny here. Oh and I did order BRS, Black Blade Version, but I cancelled it because I didn't have the money at the time. Do I regret it? Probably not.


The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 41
Seriously... It's that cold here! Mostly because of the house too. It gets really cold since our flooring is granite. I'd turn on the heat, but the gas bill's been quite high these days. Poor Saber Lion. I don't know if you've guessed, but this BRS Nendo's face is my favourite ^_^ She looks cute and badass at the same time! And so here is the "lion" part from the title ^^; Who knew Saber Lion wears a black ribbon (like Lily's) under her suit...

These two comics are posted on The Melancholy of Saber Lily site already.

Oh and I didn't paint Saber Lion's hair. That'd be way too much work! I mean, I haven't blogged for almost a month already, think I have time for that? ^^;

So a quick Photoshop magic later, Black Rock Shooter fits into the lion suit in a jiffy! These two 4koma was just something out of the blue, but I really like the Black Rock Shooter figures here, so who knows what kind of fun I'll have with them :D Though for now I better continue the story arc with the titular character soon ^^;

And now I bookend the post with the back of the plushie :P