Anime Expo 2010 Cosplay

It's the largest anime convention in North America, so there's gotta be a crazy amount of cosplays, right? Of course, of course! Unfortunately it seems like I didn't take as many as I'd like to ^^; It seems like I was running around a lot going places to places, but not enough time to stop and take in the scenery. It's all fun though. I was enjoying it all... Kinda. I'll spare the horror stories later.

Ah and if there are any shy cosplayers being shown here and don't want their photos here or if you'd like the original photo, just email me and I'll try to fill your request as soon as possible :)


The very first cosplay I would've taken was this K-ON group, but they were still getting ready, so I thought I'd bother this Roronoa Zoro from One Piece first ^^;

Oh hey a tanned Azusa, lol. The aforementioned K-ON group photo minus one. Where's Mio? I swear I have more respect the cosplayers who are willing to put on extra layer of clothes just for the sake of the cosplay.

Casual Ranka Lee from Macross Frontier.

Haruhi Suzumiya and Haruhi Suzumiya

I tend to be joining people who are taking photos as well. Great costumes on the bad guys of Mario Galaxy!

There were many, many Yoko from Gurren Lagann cosplay, but she was the only one I took while everyone else was taking photos too. I'd like to see someone posting ALL of the Yoko cosplays from one convention just for the hell of it, lol. Though this convention I saw something that I can't unsee... A crossdress Yoko... Arrgh mine eyes!

While I was trying to find Yakuri, I saw this Exia Gundam in the panel before May'n's panel. I think that solar reactor actually glows!

Yes, this was in the first picture, but this time they're looking at my camera, lol. This is a cosplay of Megurine Luka's Just Be Friends video. Ironically I didn't figure it out right away even though I was showing Yaku this particular video two days before this XD

Kappa from Arakawa Under the Bridge. I still have to watch most of that still.

These ToraDora cosplayers work for NIS America, so they had to put down their fliers before I took their photo. The Minorin cosplayer really look like Minori from the anime ^^

I was VERY, VERY GLAD to see this in cosplay! To Aru Kagaku no Railgun's been on my mind for quite a bit, especially since Misaka Mikoto is in the header of my blog. So I definitely had to take a photo. She even got the coin ^.^

I have to say this Ranka is not feeling hot at all in the summer weather in L.A. There's a lot of people who's barely dressed and call it a cosplay at AX, but at least this one was accurate (and pleasing to the eye, lol).

Found her again but with Klan Klan this time.

Some of the cast of Final Fantasy XIII. Lightning's sword looks really good here!

Found my MEIKO! Along with Kaito, lol.

Oh hey it's Maridah! So glad to find her as Saber (casual this time around) and also her friend as Rin. I called out her name and kinda wanted to talk a bit, but I think she had to head out somewhere, so I didn't want to be a bother.

It's interesting how many cosplayers pass by when you just sit in one place, lol. Sheryl, Alto (at least I think it's Alto ^^;) and Ranka in China dresses ^^

Lockon and Tieria from Gundam 00.

Ooooh so lucky to find a male and female version of Mugi from K-ON's 2nd ending, Listen!! They weren't together but I thought I had to put them together while they were in the same area. I heard the girl said, "you are awesome" to the guy. And really this is pretty awesome find! There was also a K-ON cosplay gathering, but unfortunately I couldn't go there to see other K-ON cosplayers because the schedule didn't work out...

So I just scoured the dealer's room for other K-ON cosplayer while I can ^^;

This Meiling is for Ningyo/Tim :)

More cosplayers who worked for a company. Bandai this time. They were there to help introduce Katsuyuki Konishi in the fully packed panel with lots and lots of screaming girls!

I think this is the first time I took a picture of a Danbo from Yotsubato ^^;

Here's another Touhou cosplay, Reisen Udongein Inaba, by Sayoko, a fellow Vancouverite! I've actually never met her until we were both in L.A., lol! It was nice to finally get to chat with each other. I think we had similar flights going back and forth too ^^;

Haruhi Trooper looks epic!

I was going to take a picture of the big plushie Prinny that was walking around the NIS booth, but he had to take it off when I was about to take a picture... So I have to settle with this female Prinny :P

Starscream. 'Nuff said. Well maybe not enough... It's actually a girl inside!

LEGO TROOPER!!! Now that's EPIC! I would've loved to see this Lego Trooper dance with Danny Trooper XD

Samus looking pretty awesome here!

Oh here's another picture of that Mugi guy posing with Danny Choo... Too bad he doesn't have the yellow/blonde hair. Oooh but at least there's a part of that Cardcaptor Sakura trio in the photo :D

That's all for the cosplay. I know, so very little, eh? I'll try to take more pictures next time ^^;